Sunday 4 April 2010

A digression from horror

This is a quick break from my discussion on horror, because I wrote a 19 page paper on it, and don't want to think about the subject for a while. Instead, let's talk about male relationships, shall we? I don't mean hot guy-on-guy action, here, so stop picturing that.
Last night, my roommate and I were watching Sherlock Holmes, and we realized two things: First, Bartitsu is the manliest and silliest looking of all martial arts. Second, at any given moment, our relationship was exactly like the relationship of Holmes and Watson. Is that normal? It's certainly normal for me. I have the same type of friendship with Jonathan that I do with Jake, Bob, and Matt. Sorry ladies, I adore you all, but it's a different kind of friendship.
So, gentlemen, what say you? Does that seem like a pretty normal friendship for you? Ladies, is there an equivalent sort of friendship in your gender?

Also, if you missed the subtext, you should watch Sherlock Holmes. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment